Tuesday 20 March 2012

Sir Edward Poynter and An Evening at Home

'An evening at home' (1888) by Sir Edward Poynter; can't find location

Each time I look at this painting, I like it better. It was painted by the English artist Edward Poynter, born on 20 March 1836, whose name rang a distant bell. He was no minor artist. He met Frederic Leighton in Rome who introduced him to classical paintings. He became a member of the Royal Academy and was even elected President of the Academy. Go visit the link above to read more about him. To go back to the painting posted here: it's called 'An evening at home' and I really like this peaceful scene. I love the interior and the soft light. This is how I'd like to spend an evening myself. Although I wouldn't look that pretty. And I don't have a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...